The joys of parenthood...

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 01:25:50 EDT

Welp, for those that were at the BBQ, you'll probably remember my nice shiny
new 2005 Graphite Grey dak, spotless, scratchless and dent free.

That last part is the key term here - dent free. My 16 y/o son always asks
to take the Dak when he's going to go do something, needless to say common
sense always told me to not let him, so he never got to drive it without me
in the passengers seat.

Over the weekend he wanted to go to the gym to work out and none of the
other vehicles were around, so being the kind (sucker) trusting (foolish)
father that I am, I handed him the keys and jokingly said "don't crash it,
or else".

Ya, you guessed it.. first time he took the Dak out he crashed it. He bashed
in a door in a parking lot, didn't give himself enough turning radius and
pushed the door in against some van's bumper. Barely scratched their
bumper, $1800 worth of damage to the Dak.

Hell, if I would have know he was going to pop the Daks cherry and bust it
up, I would have taken it out at Jon's and done it first. Oh well, atleast
that edge of "do I really want to dent my truck" is going to be long gone by
the Denver BBQ. lol.

--
- Rich Werning
  05 Grey Dak, QC 4x4, 4.7L, Tow Pkg