Re: Rhino your cell phone!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 13:42:08 EDT

On Wed, August 24, 2005 6:58 pm, Don said:

> I thought I went overboard when I did my tool box....
> http://y2kota.us/arma2.html

Good idea. I like it!

> Like to see the look of the guy in the phone store when they bring it
> in for repair or something

Nah, I doubt they'd even bother trying to repair it. Cell phones are like
Bic lighters these days -- utterly disposable. It's actually becoming a
problem in some areas with the batteries and electronic components leaking
toxic chemicals in the landfills. Several stores in the Toronto area have
set up "recycle your old cell phone" bins. Last time I was in Office
Depot there were about 30 phones in the bin. I have no idea how often
they empty it, but still, that's just one store.

In case you think that's wasteful, they have the same problem with
computers. Many have decided that it's easier and cheaper when a computer
gets spyware to throw it in the dumpster and get a new $400 system than to
re-load the operating system.