RE: Rhino your cell phone!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 15:45:58 EDT

On Thu, August 25, 2005 2:05 pm, Joseph A. Orsini said:

> What do you guys think of towing and 18' open car trailer
> with a '99 2wd 318 powered RC short box? I voted against it and bought a
> older 3/4 ton brand X truck for hauling the trailer and bad weather
> driving.
> I just thought the Dak was to small and it would be more like the trailer
> was towing the truck. Plenty of engine but not enough truck?

Sounds reasonable to me. The tow ratings are just meant as a guideline
anyway. There's no exact science to them. Some heavy trailers tow quite
well and some light trailers are more unstable. And there's no way to
account for driver experience.

Bottom line, it's best to do what you're comfortable with. As you weren't
comfortable pulling the trailer with the Dakota and had the means to get a
bigger truck, then I'd say that was the best thing to do.

Just my opinion.