lift kit suggestions

From: Montie Roland (montie@montie.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 16:28:14 EDT

Question for everyone....

I am thinking about doing a mild lift (3-5 inches) on my truck and was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions of which lift kit to buy?

I want to end up with:

- vehicle that sits a little higher for mild off-roading and mainly just to
look meaner
- 33 inch tires max (right now I'm running 31's with the stock 3.55 (or 3.5)
limited-slip rearend (came with the sport package)
- still needs to stay a daily driver and be reasonably adept at towing the
occassional boat or jeep trailer (to haul my trail rig if I ever get it
built)

The truck is a:

99 Dak, extended cab sport
5.2L with automatic tranny and 4wd
limited slip rearend

I wasn't going to lift it but it looks like I need to replace the ball
joints and shocks and I'm thinking it might not be that much more expensive
to go upward a few inches.

Thanks for your input!

Montie Roland
www.montie.com