Sputter on start up

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 20:01:02 EDT

Hi guys,

A while ago I posted that my truck (97, 318 Dak) had problems coming to idle
at the initial start up when cold for the first 2-3 seconds, as it would
sputter. Bernd suggested replacing the coolant temperature sensor but it
still happens. What I'm wondering is does the throttle position sensor have
anything to do with the initial start up when cold? The TB and IAC are all
fine and restarting after the engine is warm is great. Could it be O2
sensors? I only have 63,000 KM on my truck, but I notice a lot of black
soot out of my tailpipe lately.

Thanks for any advice.

-Jay