Re: Gas Prices

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 00:20:33 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Hmm - last time I posted about gas prices - I think it started a flame
> war...
>
> Just posting to report that gas has hit the $3.00 for regular, mark in
> the northwoods of Wisconsin.
>
> Most stations are at $2.85 /reg - $2.95/ mid - $3.05 /premium
>
> But one local mom and pop place jacked it all the way up to $3.00/reg
> and $3.15 for premium...
>
> The Ram is about to go in early storage - I'm hunting for anything with
> a 4 banger 5 speed...
>
> Anyone got an old Escort or Neon for sale? cheap?

I'm still wishing I could get a fully electric car that was actually a
car and not one of those glorified golf carts they're selling now.

The Honda EV-1 isn't manufactured anymore, but that's about what I want.
  I only drive about 5 miles each way to work, so battery life is not a
big issue. And I'd get a big break on my electric rates if I were
charging an electric vehicle. Win-win situation.

With the savings I could have lots of fun with the truck... :-)

-Bill