Re: Gas Prices

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 12:30:16 EDT

On 8/30/05, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Hmm - last time I posted about gas prices - I think it started a flame
> war...
>
> Just posting to report that gas has hit the $3.00 for regular, mark in
> the northwoods of Wisconsin.
>
> Most stations are at $2.85 /reg - $2.95/ mid - $3.05 /premium
>
> But one local mom and pop place jacked it all the way up to $3.00/reg
> and $3.15 for premium...
>
> The Ram is about to go in early storage - I'm hunting for anything with
> a 4 banger 5 speed...
>
> Anyone got an old Escort or Neon for sale? cheap?

CNN is saying that we will likely see $4/gal in the near future. How
long it'll stay that high is anyone's guess. This is going to
severely impact our economy. Employers will almost have to give
employees cost of living increases, and those of us who are capable of
working from home will be forced to do so (I know I'm quickly reaching
that point).