Re: DML Gas Prices

From: Matt Brenneke (brenneke@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 15:19:21 EDT

>Yep, I'm sure there is some of that factored in; people (and companies)
>basically think to themselves "back in 1970 we were paying $.35/gallon
>and now its several times that amount, this is expensive!" Factoring in
>inflation, they might not actually be any more than the used to, its just
>that the dollar amounts are bigger.

And some of it IS "it's expensive!" Shortly after I started driving in
'98, gas dropped all the way down to $.68/gal, and I could fill up the
tank on my Shadow for $8. Today filling up my Dak for $3/gal cost me
$48. $.68/gal may have been artificially low compared to inflation,
but $3-4/gal is unreasonably high IMHO. So much so, that I've been
thinking of trading in the Dak for a cheap used neon. Unfortunately
the high gas prices have made my truck worth about 3 grand less than I
still owe on it. I love my truck, but this is rediculous.

-Matt Brenneke
'04 CC SXT 3.7L V6