RE: DML Gas Prices

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 21:42:24 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "droo" <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: DML: RE: DML Gas Prices

> The price of gasoline is based on the price of crude oil. Crude oil is
> sold to the highest bidder. Just like many many other products we buy. Our
> food and even our cars.

We all really do understand that.. But have you ever mathmatically compared
the relationship between the increase in crude oil and the increase at the
pump.. Refining costs remain the same per gallon ( except during unforseen
conditions such as closed refineries) But if the crude goes up 10 cents,
it'll usually be reflected at the pumps as closer to 30 cents

> Quite a few oil companies are veritically integrated. I don't think
> completely because they just can't supply themselves with enuf crude to
> meet the demand of their customers.

No only that, but so much of what we do produce locally gets allocated as
reserves.

Aaron