RE: OT! Printer Help

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 21:37:53 EDT

A shared printer can slow down the computer that it is connected to. The PC
will also have to be on in order to print. A network ready printer would
only slow down the printing PC, but depending on memory of printer may not
slow you down. I have an old Minolta Printer on my home network and have
not had any slow downs at all. The printer is set to power down and come
back on when a print job is sent to it.