Re: Wheel hub/bearing

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 07:44:07 EDT

In article <000801c5b813$fd20c5c0$6401a8c0@nycap.rr.com>, rsmith13@nycap.rr.com
("DAKSY") writes:
> Hey, Walt!
>
> I can see your 4 retaining bolts protruding thru the mounting flange...yours
> is round, the DAKSY's is triangular...
> Good luck on your repairs...Hope the Steigermud isn't too petrified! LOL

I wasn't aware that changed in the Gen III trucks. They must have saved a lot
of money using one less bolt.

In regards to my truck, the Steigermud, well... I wish I enough of it to pour
myself a floor to work on. We don't have a garage or a paved driveway here at
the house and the driveway is a bit too steep to put something on jack-stands
so I picked a level spot in the side yard for the Redneck Lawn Ornament. As
far as fixing the truck, I'm pretty much doing a Mike (minus comandeering Jon's
lift, if he was only closer). I have a set of Dana 60's from a 79 F350 that
will be going under there in the stock IFS's place. But this is going to be a
long term project as I really don't have the money to spare right now because
of the house. I'm only going to be able to do a little at a time as I sell off
other parts and various items I no longer need. I have to try and do this
entire project without tapping the savings or credit limit. Since next year's
BBQ will be in CO, my deadline to have this done is July 2007.

Walt