Re: Re: Hotchkis Kit and Tire Rub Questions

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 19:07:52 EDT

Although hotchkis warned about it, on my initial hotchkis drop with those tires (275/50/17) or the OEM 255/65/15s I had no rubbing issues. I did get the "Hotchkis" alignment as well. It's the same specs as factory except neg camber built in. Which if you don't drive like Grandma actually saves outter edge tire wear. Drivability will mostly be in a bad toe angle. I can certianly see 29" tires rubbing in the front though. In short, your alignment shop is wrong.

I used to run 30" tires in the rear, with Hotckis's bumpstops I got very little rub. It was a stupid set up though.

Now, hehe, I run -2.5deg camber (would be 3.5 if I didn't have a bent control arm), all the caster I can get and 0 to 2/16 toe out depending on the course.

Hey Josh, I'm thinking about starting a Truck AutoX yahoo group so that the 5 or six crazies across the country can share ideas. I raced in OKC yesterday and floored the local Dakota enthusest:-).

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

-----------------------
>>>275-50-17 is a 28" tall tire-- won't rub with Hotchkis alignment spec--- I have 100k miles on Hotchkis, plus have sold over 100 TVS kits...
28" tire is fine for the front.
Sam
> I did have the alignment done, but when the shop looked at the numbers
> from Hotchkis they said "No way" that it would not drive well using
> their performance street setup. Comments?
My alignment specs are way more agressive than the Hotchkis specs and I don't
have any issues whatsoever. I believe Jayson Woodruff runs even more
agressive alignment specs than me and he daily drove his truck for a long
time like that
Josh