RE: Dak Buyers Guide?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 17:16:22 EDT

On Tue, September 20, 2005 12:32 pm, Pindell, Tim said:

> Is the 231/2 the unit used in the Jeeps?

It's definitely used in Jeeps. I'm not sure if they used anything else.
Obviously the full-time setups in the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee would be
different, I believe those used the same 242 as the Dakota and Durango.

> Is there a battery warmer too?

Never seen one from the factory. I know Canadian Tire sells them. IIRC,
it's basically an electric blankie for the battery.

>>Balljoints!

Can't help with that. I'm hoping someone else will speak up. Well, I can
tell you that the new balljoints on ours are obviously newer, cleaner and
less rusty than everything around them, so you might be able to get a clue
whether they've been replaced from a visual inspection.

> Color is very important to chicks, apparently.

Depends on the individual, although it does seem to be more common with
women. I've met a few guys who obsessed over certain colors. Not pink,
though. More like solar yellow or intense blue. Not that any of the fine
members of this list would ever do that :-).