When to change timing chain set?

From: Bill S. (kb7vkl@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 20:19:30 EDT

I've got a '94 Dak 3.9ltr with ~87,000 miles on it, is this about the
right time to replace the timing chain set to avoid its failure?
If I read this right; if I install a double row true roller chain set
I won't need the tensioner? Does this require any sort of plug set to
fill the space the tensioner took up? I haven't been in a Chy V engine
in over 30 years, that's why I have to ask.

Thanks for any helpful information offered.

Bill

1994 Dak, V6, AT, AC, all stock for now