Re: Tires, traveling and Denver '06

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 13:55:30 EDT

On Thu, September 22, 2005 12:41 pm, Bill Day said:

> Yeah, being that far from home in my daily driver I dont have much
> intention
> of getting crazy.. I didnt figure there would be to much nasty weather
> left
> over in July. Guess I will be looking around at the MC AT's and see what
> kinda deals I can get this winter.

There are gazillions of photos of Colorado on the web. If you wanted to
check out what the trails look like, this page gives a pretty good idea:
http://www.funtreks.com/photo_tour.htm

There are some pretty good shots under the photo galleries. He has
pictures from Colorado, Utah, Arizona and California, but the terrain
should be very similar to where we'll be. Quite different from what any
BBQ attendees are used to.

I think most of us will be sticking to the "easy" and possibly "moderate"
trails. I've seen stupid people driving small econocars on a lot of roads
similar to those in his "easy" pictures. I wouldn't recommend it, but it
is possible.