RE: 5.2L a classic?

From: Bob J (bobsoldbikes@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 19:01:39 EDT

Don't know. Prob. because they had bigger/better
engines. From what I understand, other than the dual
fours, it was a pretty regular engine deep inside. The
361 was produced at the same time from the same block,
and in 1959 Chrysler kinda stepped off of performance
cars for a year for a few different reasons (the
infamous racing ban, labor problems started to screw
with the build quality of Chrysler products, so they
stepped off performance real quick to work more on
quality, and I'm sure there were some other forces
involved). Basically, the 361 simply beat it out of
production, seeing as they were the same block. Then
the 383 came along, which shared it's existence with
the 361 for awhile, and then killed it off too.

To be truthful, if you wanted a serious Chrysler
performance engine in 1958, you would have gotten a
392 Hemi anyways, so the 350 really led a pointless
existence.