Re: 5.2L a classic?

From: Bob J (bobsoldbikes@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 18:49:08 EDT

...and this is what leads to every POS 4-door clunker
on ebay being listed by as a "CLASSIC!!!!!". No
offense, but not everything is a classic. And a
dictionary definition is useless in this sense (Do you
really think people who write dictionaries care about
cars, for the most part?).

Hell, for that matter, here are two parts of the
definition of 'classic' from Webster's New College
Dictionary-

Of or having a style that is balanced, formal,
objective, restrained, regular, simple.

As pertaining to cars: an automobile of the period
1925-1942.

Either way, that still says it's wrong to call a '73
Comet a 'classic'.

Now, just because a car isn't a 'classic' doesn't mean
you can't like it. My '68 Chrysler Town & Country is
never going to be a classic. And quite frankly, I
don't care!

http://mail.yahoo.com