Re: Hi-Beam/Low beam switch

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 02:34:23 EDT

DAKSY wrote:
> Hey, DML..
>
> Drivin the DAKSY home from dinner tonite - on a dark country road at about
> 50MPH, with the hi-beams on, another vehicle approached us & I hit the lever
> to go back to lows & THE ROAD WENT DARK! Everything went out! Hi-beams,
> lo-beams & foglights! WTF!?!?!?!
> I hit the switch again & nothing changed...I hit it again & the Hi-beams
> came back - right into the oncoming vehicle
> driver's eyes...
> Hit it again & the Lo-beams came back...
> Is this an isolated incident or am I looking at pulling off the steering
> wheel to replace the entire turn-signal/Hi-Lo
> switch?
> Definitely freaked me out...I didn't go to Hi-beams again, for fear of it
> recurring...
> Any Ideas?
> TIA,
>
> Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
> 2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed
>
> WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

Gawd Dauym there Bob!!! I gotta tell you my friend - I think you have
The Curse... no I'm not talking about "HIM" I'm talking about ME! lol

You are having so many problems that I have had with Christine.

You have had trasmission problems as I have had, I also had to replace
the master cyl and brake booster... and I had a devil of a time changing
that - the mounting nuts for the booster, as you can attest to - are in
a wretched location - I also buggered up the brake light switch when I
was changing the booster and had to fix that.. and christines low beams
also do not work. I only have power with hi beams - so I temporarily
crossed the wires. I patched the low beams into the circuit for the
high beams - to get the headlights to work. I also have no fuel level
gauge. So I wonder if you will have fuel problems next?

My dear Mr Smith... I think you have Christine Syndrome. Its probably
not long before you drive into a lake!.....

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine