Re: NOW: V6 Mileage WAS: O2 Sensors

From: J Wynia (jwynia@pragmapool.com)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 09:17:23 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

>Joseph A. Orsini said:
>

>>That's about what I get combined. I guess the v6's really do suck for gas
>>mileage. Sorry.
>>

>Really? What configuration do you have (gears, etc)? In my 2000 2wd with
>3.55 gears I manage to get 19 - 20 in the city and 22 - 23 on the highway (at
>80+ mph usually).

Also depends on where you live. In Minnesota, ALL of our gas has 10%
ethanol and our governor just pushed a 20% mandate through. Ethanol
drops the mileage regardless of the gear ratios. My mileage is closer to
the 18 when I'm in MN, but goes up to 22 or so when I'm able to use
"pure" gas.

--
J Wynia
The Glass is Too Big