Re: NOW: V6 Mileage WAS: O2 Sensors

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 12:59:25 EDT

My truck is a CC 4x4 3.9 with 3.92 gears and 31-10.5 tires. The best I have
ever gotten is 18 on the hiway and I usually get 16.5 around town and the
mileage drops into the 15's during the winter. This is pretty much the same
mileage I got with my 89 Dakota regular cab 4x4 with 3.55's and 235/75 tires.

I have always looked at it this way; the 99 weights about 1000 lbs more than
the 89 and has 40HP more and I didn't lose any gas mileage.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4