RE: '99 Dak top speed?

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 14:55:39 EDT

Dave,

        Yeah that is what I have resigned myself to, the only way to know is to run
it at a high speed run. Then you know for sure. There are just too many
variables to try and figure out what they will do. Heck maybe by the time I
do it I will have swapped in a 360 and it wouldn't be a fair test anyway.
And it is estimated Cup cars would be pushing 225 230 without restrictor
plates with the modern aero packages they have. In reality I think the Dak
should be good for something 130-140 without engine mods. Hopefully time
will tell and I can find out for sure. Thanks all for the input on this and
don't worry all testing will be done in a controlled environment and not on
the street where someone other than myself would be in danger.

-Joe