Re: '99 Dak top speed?

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 08:08:34 EDT

Aaron,

You have to remember the speedo's up near the top of the scale have huge errors
and they are optomistic so you were not going any where near the indicated
speeds. Plus, just to go from 115 to 130 with your 2.5 would require almost
doubling the horsepower.

I am assuming it's a typo when you said 5.13's in the Fury. Assuming a 26-to
28" tall tire that is going to put the rpm in the 7500 to 8100 rpm range. No
318 2bl will spin those kinds of rpm.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4