New Sneaks!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 15:53:38 EDT

Hey, DML!
Got the new 32x11.50BFG KOs on! The DAKSY sits TALL & rides good!
Seein as I was a Sears, & she was still crankin on the OEM battery (6
YEARS!), I figgered WTF, throw in a Diehard Gold while she was there...I
guess I'm one of the lucky ones - battery-wise...
When I joined the list 5+ years ago, everyone was gripin about the POS OEM
batteries in our DAKs...
"Put in an Optima this or that..."
Mine held up great! I'll admit, tho, for a while last winter she seemed to
be crankin slowly, but I 've never had to jump her - even on the coldest
days the "Hawk" throws at us Noreasterners...
Could be because of a technique an old gnarly motorhead tole me 'bout back
in the 70s...
Turn your headlights on for about 10 seconds & then turn em off - PRIOR to
hitting the starter...
A hot battery has more crankin amps is what he said...
Been doin exactly that for almost 30 years without a problem...
Ennyhoo, back to some minor rub at full crank of the wheels, but nuthin I
can't minimize!
Maybe I'll get to the multi-function switch after we clean the garage...
L8R,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/