Re: Pissed & Dissed...Wouldnt You Be???

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 19:15:08 EDT

I'm going to agree with what most others have said - this new owner
may be rolling the dice, and there may also be some insurance fraud
going on.

But I really have to wonder what the mechanic has to gain by trying to
cover this all up (hiding it from you, saying "don't tell him it's
running again"). He didn't get money out of you - it was your
insurance company. If he's trying to protect a good reputation, he's
blowing it real fast. This part just makes no sense to me.

UNLESS, he doesn't want you to know the truck is back on the road
because it really isn't safe, and he doesn't want you telling the new
owner how bad the damage really was.