Re: DML Digest V5 #2496

From: Rob Dennis (ss454454@socal.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 19:20:48 EDT

> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 04:36:02 +0000 (UTC)
> From: sneezer@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: DML: Secure bed storage?
>
> In article <djrrdg$t26$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
> writes:
>>

>> Howdy folks,
>>
>> I was going through the archives looking for some posts on this subject
>> as
> I'm
>> sure its been talked about before, but couldnt find anything specific.
>>
>> I was looking for some sort of secure (preferrably) cargo hold-down
>> system,
>> tool chest, storage box, or something of the sort.
>>
>> Its for a 99 V6 Regular Cab, so space is at a premium.
>>
>> Im primarily interested in storing your typical breakdown/recovery items
>> (a
>> jumpstarter, 6D maglite flashlight, jumper cables, some extra quarts of
>> oil,
>> stuff like that.) I also have lots of problems with things sliding
>> around
> back
>> there (groceries ect) since i have no way of holding anything.
>>
>> Unfortunately space within the cab just isnt there, but the bed
>> currently
> isnt
>> holding anything (other than dust, that is :)
>>
>> The bed is covered by a soft tonneau with no bedliner. (Im going to be
> applying
>> a herculiner on it soon)Im looking to avoid the standard toolbox as I
>> don't
> use
>> the truck to work and i would like to keep costs low.
>>

>> thanks!
>>
>> Luid

you can get a in bed tool box. they sit inside the bed flush with the top
of the bed.
Your other options are to get those wheel well boxes. I saw these boxes
that sit on the sides of the bed inside the bed over the wheel wells. im
not talking about the construction boxes that sit over the bed rail these
sit inside the bed ( sort of the same boxes the Chevy avalanche has.
Your other option is to do what I do. get abotu 5 milk crates and set them
in the bed where a tool box would go. zip tie them together. the wheel well
humps will keep the from sliding back to the tailgate. I can get those milk
crates for about 1$ a piece.

Rob