Gen III Heater Core Replacement

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 17:32:43 EST

See: http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0503/0631.html

Today Chicagoland is experiencing the first signs of winter which should mean
flurries overnight and a very cold and frustrating drive to school tomorrow.
(YAY) Needless to say I'll be replacing the HC in short order.

Has anyone else done a heater core in a Gen III? I'll be equipped with a FSM
and a whole shop full of tools so that won't be an issue. I'm looking for
tips/tricks/anything that'll help me get through this ordeal in the least
amount of time possible.

My friend Matt (who owns the shop I'll be using) told me that I may want to
replace the evap core at the same time, since it's easily a 6 hour job to
replace either. Do the evap cores go bad often? I'd like to not have to
spend the extra cash on an evap if I don't have to.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com