Re: Gen III Heater Core Replacement

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 22:25:22 EST

>>My friend Matt (who owns the shop I'll be using) told me that I may want
replace the evap core at the same time, since it's easily a 6 hour job to
replace either. Do the evap cores go bad often? I'd like to not have to
spend the extra cash on an evap if I don't have to.<<

yeah... he's right.. save yourself the hassle and do the evap while you're
in there. You'll need to leakdown the AC system in order to do the heater
core, so do the evap too. It would cost over $1000 to do that job at the
dealership. Not a difficult task, just time consuming. Take your time and
make sure you do it how the FSM says you need to do it. You'll be fine =)

-miggity
2000 CC FR R/T
MP PCM, K&N FIPK complete with cracked tube

14.88@92.5 mph

mods sitting in boxes - 4.56 gear, m1, headers, exhuast, 52mm tb.... any
volunteers to help install?