RE: winter beaters

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 21:51:03 EST

Bah you just need to know how to drive it right, use the RWD to your
advantage to help steer the car. My first car was an '81 Cutlass Supreme
that I ran for 7+ years in Wisconsin winters going back and forth many a
weekend from Green Bay to south of Milwaukee, never got stuck in the snow
and never had any issues with it. After that it was the RWD Dak as my only
car for about 4 years and this truck is a B*TCH to drive in snow, even with
4 sand bags in the back, but still the only time I had issues was when I let
the front tires wear down too much. I went with a 4X4 about a year after we
bought the house only because we are out in the country and nothing around
but corn fields makes for about 3 foot snow drifts in the middle of the
road. If you are anywhere near a city you would be ok, out in the country
though could be a mess. Of course I had my learner's permit in the middle
of winter and learned to drive in my Dad's Town Car so I guess that taught
me a lot of throttle control at a formative age.

-Joe