Re: winter beaters

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 16:19:12 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> Terrible Tom said:
>
>>I need to get another winter beater going here, since I sold my Ranger.
>

> I've been thinking about getting a winter vehicle as well. I'm tired of
> driving my truck all the time and having to deal with the crappy roads all
> the time. Plus, since the route I travel daily for school is heavily under
> construction (thanks to this new "open road tolling" project they've got
> going on now) I'd like to have something I can just point and shoot, so I
> dont' have to worry about dodging big potholes with my little lowered truck.
>
> Anyway, I've been thinking about picking up a P71 Crown Vic from a police
> sale. They usually for for under $4k in this area, are usually well
> maintained, and practically a couch on wheels. It'd be nice to get one with
> te push bars still on it too. ;)

Thats exactly what I have been thinking of buying too. However I think
its less than ideal for me up here... chicago is much better about its
winter road cleaning than Wisconsin is. Rear wheel drive (as was proven
to me this morning) is not a good idea up here. Front wheel drive or
all wheel drive would be the better bet for me. As well as something a
little better of fuel than a crown vic.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine