Code P1763

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 20:48:50 EST

Evenin' folks, hope someone can help us. The truck is a '98 V-6 auto; in drive, it will not move until it hits approx. 1500 RPM and then it drives normally. If we take off in 1st or 2nd it seems to take off normally and we can then shift into drive and keep going. It has thrown a code, P1763. Our FSM (for my '99) says this is "governor pressure sensor volts above rated volts".

Is this a faulty governor pressure solenoid, or an electrical problem before it gets to the transmission? It looks like this could be a fix I might do at home. Anyone done this?

TIA,
Cal