Re: Ticking noise when in gear & heater core questions

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 10:24:11 EST

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 kev336699@yahoo.com wrote:

> Second question - what do you think the ticking noise is? Could it be
> related to the removal of the engine or maybe freeze plugs installed too deep?
> Thanks in advance.

Kevin-

Try "power braking" your truck - hold it in place with the brakes while
trying to move it with the gas. I expect the "tick" will turn into more
of a raspy metalic scraping sound, and this this is your fan hitting the
fan shroud. I dealt with this for a while thanks to 'wheeling my truck
hard and breaking a motor mount (they get weaker without the front axle
center section reinforcing them)

My 2c

I don't know anything about heater cores, I just know my a/c hasn't worked
for 2 years =)

--
MikeM
SAS '98 4x4 on 40s