Re: RE: 1991 Dakota 4-banger won't start

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 13:00:02 EST

Pindell, Tim wrote:
> In my experience with these engines the ECM itself is pretty far down my
> list of things to check, however, its not unheard of that they can fry.
> Codes?

ECM did not have any codes stored - I got the standard code 12 (power
disconnected within so many key on cycles) and then end of sequence 55...

Would that seem to indicate the ECM is good still? Can you have it go
bad and still have some functions?

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine