Re: Diffy Go Boom

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 02:34:47 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:

> Could be something simple though, I'ld unhook the driveshaft from the
> differential and see if the trans even spins the driveshaft. Correct me
> if im wrong, but wouldnt the neutral saftey switch kill the engine in
> case of an adrupt stoppage?? Plus I think the torque converter would
> prevent some damage, if the NSS hadn't kicked in.

Yeah but the transmission fluid looks more like engine oil than trans
fluid - not a shade of red in it at all.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to dropping the trans pan. The tranny
fluid/filter changing ordeal involved with Dodge trucks really sucks.
The freaking exhaust pipes and the crossmembers.... very very messy.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine