Re: Diffy Go Boom

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 04:07:19 EST

Gary Hedlin wrote:

> Yeah, but you never know what kind of crazy things have happened to a
> used vehicle. I'ld get the differential up to par, then move up the
> driveline. You're probably better off dropping the pan just to see if
> theres anything obvious wrong, then throw some new fluid in if
> everything looks ok.
>
> I'ld rather drop the pan first just so you don't end up tearing the
> trans out just to find out it's ok.

Yeah thats exactly what I planned on doing. The bottom a tranny fluid
pan can tell you LOTS about how healthy the trans is.

I'm still expecting that its going to need to be rebuilt. As with the
rest of my trucks, this tranny pan gets a B&M Trans pan drain kit!!

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine