2006 DML Calendar

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 16:45:07 EST

  I figured it'd be easier to just create a new post than to pick one of the
DML Calendar threads to reply to. :-)

  Regarding the 2006 Calendar, the last time I posted about it, the response
was rather underwhelming :-) so I just kinda let it slide. I've thought about
it several times since then; in a "normal" year, I would have wanted to have
the calendars shipping by now since my goal was usually to get 'em out before
xmas. However, I just kinda went the procrastination route, between all the
stuff I've been busy with here (having 2 computers die on me, one of which
took out my main hard drive with all sorts of important stuff on it, working on
2 additional computers, finding out that my plow truck's brakes decided
to stop working, etc.) and the general lack of enthusiasm, I just let it slide.
I did think several times that its something of a bummer to not have a
calendar, especially with 2006 being the year of the National Meet. I figured
if I got a spare moment, I would throw together a collage or something and
just do one of those $3-4 calendars that shows one picture for the whole year.

   Sounds like there is enough interest now though to actually put something
together. Mike, if you've got the spare time and feel like taking the lead
on this one, that would be fine with me as I've definitely got plenty to
occupy me here. :-) If not, I'm certainly willing to do the entire thing,
it'll just take a little longer than usual and whoever ends up in January
will get a bit short changed. ;-) I do have the mechanism all set up here
for the voting of course, and the DML Calendar store established on Cafepress.
What I would picture my minimum involvement to be would be having Mike collect
the pics and organise them, e-mail them to me for posting to the voting page,
and he could e-mail me the final versions to upload to Cafepress.
Anything from that level of involvement up to my doing the entire
thing as usual would be fine with me, it just depends on how much
Mike might be looking to do. (or anyone else for that matter, its just
that Mike is the only person I've seen crazy enough to volunteer so
far.) ;-)

   So anyway, I guess the short version is, yeah I'm certainly
willing to do a calendar this year. Due to my general lack of time,
if somebody else wanted to basically take the reins on this one, that
would probably work out the best for me, but I'll do whatever it takes
to get 'er done. At the very least, I can take care of the voting
and actually setting up the calendar on Cafepress.

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'