Tranny Questions

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 14:40:26 EST

If I decide to go to a manual in my '96, I may have a automatic doner truck
to swap a manual into mine and give the doner the auto. I was wondering if
the wire harness needs to be swapped or are there unused auto tranny wires
in the manual? I realize the PCM, linkage and associated steering colum
parts will have to be swapped also.

Why can a slightly modified 46RE (not even using better planitaries) handle
much more HP then the NV3500?

Any of the Rams or deisel Rams use a tougher manual?

Is the transfercase bypassed completly when in 2HI or can that be a weak
point in the driveline behind a 408?

So a Keisler Tremec 6 speed is the answer, right? If they run a 75% off
Christmas special, maybe I'll get one :)

Thanks,
James