Re: transmission stuff

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 18:05:01 EST

Daniel L. Burrows wrote:

> Are the ratios the same in both the 88 A500 and the 91 42RE?
>
> Also, I put a 125MPH guage cluster in the truck as it has a tach.... Do
> I need to change the speed sensor so that it reads correct?
> I guess it is clear that the old guage cluster only went to 85.

The ratios I don't know about - but the speed sensor - hmm - you might
need to change it. Now that I think about it - that might explain why
the tach in Christine doesn't work right. I picked up a replacement
cluster from a Lister here a while back - outta Gen II - and it reads
way too high.

My last two Gen I clusteres worked fine... so try it first - then change
sensors if eed be... but I dont think that 91 is new enough to have that
problem.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine