Re: maskalans tires

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 11:33:37 EST

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Daniel L. Burrows wrote:

> Barry Oliver wrote:
>
> >> (the ProComp A/Ts I just put on my F250 rub at full lock, I found in
> >> the crowded parking lots today... and still suck in the snow. damn 4x2)
> >>

> > How do yo ulike the procomp AT's otherwise? Most any 4x1 is going to
> > suck in the snow, but I have been eyeballing procomps to replace the
> > BFG's when they are done since those bastages are discontinuing my size....

I've got an utterly terrible impression of them so far. Have had them on
for about 150 miles now, and I'm parking that truck until my driveway ice
slick melts.

they look like they should work well, and for stopping and turning they
do. If I picked up 200-300# to put at the back edge of the bed I'm sure
they will do alright.

I didn't balance them and they run totally true and smooth but that's
under a 7000# truck. They're also only at about 40% tread - I bought them
for the rims they came on and the tires were bonus. anything was better
than the freeway slicks that were on the front of the Ford. before the
ProComps I couldn't stop turn or go in snow, now I only have issues going.

> Fluent makes a warrior series of tire that will blow your mind.

linky? I can't find a Fluent tire company, nor a warrior model.

I'd check out the General Grabber AT2 as well. similar tread pattern to
the BFG AT but 2/32 deeper and a cheaper tire.

--
MikeM