3.9L V6 gas mileage/Electric Fan options

From: msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 11:33:31 EST

Howdy folks,

Two years ago I was having trouble with the stock water pump (it was leaking
from the weep hole) and I had a Flowkooler and a 180 Tstat installed.

Now the engine stays consistently (what looks like) below 180.

Im currently doing about 220-240 miles before the low fuel light comes on [15
gal tank]. I'm trying to to cut back on my fuel bill every month and was
wondering, throwing caution to the winds on losing power, as I'm more
interested on improving efficiency at this point :P if

1. Installing an electric fan would increase the engines fuel efficiency to
warrant the hassle and cost and

2. Returning the Tstat to the stock 195 would be prudent/usefull to improving
the engines fuel efficiecy.

Now if I were to put an electric fan on this thing, wouldnt leaving the 180 in
make sense? (Im assuming the engine would get warmer as the stock fan cools
better?) Or is an aftermarket Water pump enough to not risk any engine
overheating? (Most of my driving is freeway, but this is South Florida so...:(

If you reccomend an electric fan, please point one out to me, Im not sure what
it is I need :(

My dak:
99 RC 3.9LV6 auto
Fastman V6 TB