Installing an oil pressure gauge and fuel pressure gauge...

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 15:21:03 EST

ok, this might be silly but here goes.....

1.) I hate the idiot oil pressure gauge in the dash. Where ( and how ) can you install
an mechanical oil pressure gauge that mounts in the engine compartment? Is it safe to
"tee" off from the oil pressure sender unit in the back of the engine near the
distributor?

Any help here would be appreciated. Pictures are even better.

2.) I also would love to mount a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. I have seen a few done
and they are usually mounted at the end of the fuel rails. I guess they drilled and
tapped the end of the fuel rail and screwed the gauge right into the rail.

Does anyone have any tips on mounting a fuel pressure gauge in our Magnum engines?

Again, thanks in advance and hope everyone had a great Christmas.

-dan k.

Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.

Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT, Trans-Go shift kit.

Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.