RE: Installing an oil pressure gauge and fuel pressure gauge...

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 18:49:02 EST

Dan, you can probably install a mechanical gauge in place of the factory
sending unit. At least on mine with the M1 intake w/egr there is no room
for an Autometer electrical sending unit. The sender is too big around.
The mechanical one might be smaller.

> 2.) I also would love to mount a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. I have
> seen a few done
> and they are usually mounted at the end of the fuel rails. I guess they
> drilled and
> tapped the end of the fuel rail and screwed the gauge right into the rail.
>
> Does anyone have any tips on mounting a fuel pressure gauge in our Magnum
> engines?

I have an Autometer mechanical fuel pressure gauge with a steel braided line
that screws into the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Just remove the
valve. No need to drill or tap anything. They also make remote sensing
fuel pressure gauges that will still connect at the Schrader valve.

Ray