Re: RE: RE: RE: SHOCK recommendation

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 16:23:49 EST

Miles D. Oliver wrote:

> Thanks for all the good shock info. I have to replace them on my wifes
> 2003 durango and something better than stock is in order.
>
> I fear that if I don't find better shocks and improve the ride for her
> that I will end up being forced to trade in the 2003 on the newer and
> SERIOUSLY UGLIER Durango.
>
> When she got a loaner from the stealership when work was done a while
> ago she was impressed with the ride of the newer durango but I can't
> stomach the looks.

The same is true of the newer Rams and Dakotas as well. They've made a
lot of changes to the suspension that have resulted in a much smoother
ride. Although I'd like that for longer trips, I found the "squishy"
feeling in the 2005 Ram 1500 4x4 that I test drove to be somewhat
discomforting on bumpy country roads. It made me feel more disconnected
from the road.

-Bill