Re: PCM options - '99 5.2L

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 17:46:25 EST

I think your best bet is either the MP PCM (I think there was one for
your truck, but they may not be available anymore) or a HyperTech.
IIRC the PowerProgrammers have a couple different options, you may be
able to stick w/ 87 or 89 octane.

On 1/8/06, Kevin S <kevin14@surewest.net> wrote:

> They didn't fix any of my problems, but they DID re-flash the PCM with the
> dreaded "anti-pinging" program!!! It was running fine before, now it feels
> like they stole about 30 ponies. I lost about 2-3 MPG as well. They offered
> up a new PCM as a fix, but it made no difference - they claim it automatically
> gets the new flash when it's installed.

You didn't have a choice. Unless you have a really, really generous
tech, they're pretty much required to flash w/ the newest program if
they even think it needs it. And they cannot install an old program
when a newer one exists. The flash retards the timing quite a bit. I
was really ticked when mine got flashed but they didn't want to hear
it.