Re: PCM options - '99 5.2L

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 10:36:26 EST

On Sun, January 8, 2006 2:41 pm, Kevin S wrote:

> I'm looking for options to regain some power and mileage that was lost when
> my dealer errantly re-flashed my PCM. I'd prefer not to be leashed to 93
> octane, but at this point I'd accept almost any option.

Ahh, the dreaded "death flash" strikes again.

> I'm thinking about getting a Hyper Tech programmer, or less likely a
> Superchips
> version, to possibly replace the new flash with a better one. All of the
> reports on the DML archives for Hypertech and Superchips ICON are from
> 1999-2000,
> does anybody still use them? Are there any reports from folks who've used
> them, successfully or otherwise?

I'm using the superchips program in my V6, netted a dyno proven ~18
horsepower all across the board, with the 87 octane program and almost 30
horsepower with the 93 octane program. IIRC torque numbers increased by a
little more than the horsepower numbers did. I'll see if I can find the
scans I did of all my dyno sheets.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com