Re: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 For Sale

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 10:40:58 EST

On Sun, January 8, 2006 3:59 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:

> I really really hate to do this, but I'm afraid theres no other choice.
> I want a Challenger when they hit the lots, so not only do I need to
> clear out some drive way space, but I need to eliminate my monthly
> payments. I don't know how it works - would have to talk to the bank...
> but if someone were willing to take over the loan payments, they are
> $351.56 a month, with 33 months left to pay.

Sorry to hear it Tom. I hope she goes to a good home.

One thing about "takeover payments" though: DON'T. By selling it to someone
via "takeover payment," that person basically makes all payments on the loan
"pretending" to be you. If they default, you're the one the collection
agency calls. It's a great way to screw yourself over in the long run. Sell
it outright.

Call your loan company and request a payoff amount. They're usually good for
30 days, then if you didn't sell it you'd have to request another one.
That'll at least give you an idea of what you need to get for it so you can
pay off the loan and put a few dollars in the bank. Good luck

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com