Re: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 For Sale

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 09:46:12 EST

On Mon, January 9, 2006 5:57 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Yeah - This is not making me very happy heh. I'm just having a hard
> time justifying keeping the truck. Its not very pratical. I can only
> seat 3 people max, its a short box, its not cut out to tow the way I
> intended when I bought it, (partially my fault due to the modifications
> I made).. and it will never get better than 12 mpg. It costs about $75
> a weak in fuel to drive it back and forth to work. (about 70 some miles
> a day).

With school and the travelling I do for work, I was spending in excess of
$100/week in fuel driving my truck. For the few weeks I've driven the
Daytona I've been using about $25 - $30/week in fuel. Why not sell half of
the scrapyard you've got and pick up a little 4-banger beater to drive
to/from work? K-cars are usually very cheap, as are older escorts and the
like. Why not spend a couple hundred and pick something up? At the rate
you're consuming fuel, the car should pay for itself in savings within a few
months.

I guess the only drawback is that they're not always the most reliable, so
it's a good idea to have something to fall back on should it break. (it will)

> Thanks man - thats what I wanted to know. I'd never done that before
> and don't know anyone who has - so I didn't know how it worked.
>
> I'm not dead set on selling either... I'll sell if I get a good offer,
> but I'm not out there pounding the pavement pushing it for sale.

As long as you're entertaining selling, it might be worthwhile to get the
payoff quote anyway so you know what you need to get for the truck to make a
few dollars.

Good luck

--
- Josh