Re: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 For Sale

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 18:57:46 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> On Sun, January 8, 2006 3:59 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>>I really really hate to do this, but I'm afraid theres no other choice.
>> I want a Challenger when they hit the lots, so not only do I need to
>>clear out some drive way space, but I need to eliminate my monthly
>>payments. I don't know how it works - would have to talk to the bank...
>>but if someone were willing to take over the loan payments, they are
>>$351.56 a month, with 33 months left to pay.
>

> Sorry to hear it Tom. I hope she goes to a good home.

Yeah - This is not making me very happy heh. I'm just having a hard
time justifying keeping the truck. Its not very pratical. I can only
seat 3 people max, its a short box, its not cut out to tow the way I
intended when I bought it, (partially my fault due to the modifications
I made).. and it will never get better than 12 mpg. It costs about $75
a weak in fuel to drive it back and forth to work. (about 70 some miles
a day).

> One thing about "takeover payments" though: DON'T. By selling it to someone
> via "takeover payment," that person basically makes all payments on the loan
> "pretending" to be you. If they default, you're the one the collection
> agency calls. It's a great way to screw yourself over in the long run. Sell
> it outright.
>
> Call your loan company and request a payoff amount. They're usually good for
> 30 days, then if you didn't sell it you'd have to request another one.
> That'll at least give you an idea of what you need to get for it so you can
> pay off the loan and put a few dollars in the bank. Good luck

Thanks man - thats what I wanted to know. I'd never done that before
and don't know anyone who has - so I didn't know how it worked.

I'm not dead set on selling either... I'll sell if I get a good offer,
but I'm not out there pounding the pavement pushing it for sale.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine