Re: Premature wear on sway bar end links?

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 16:26:06 EST

Josh Battles wrote:

> It depends on how you drive it. I've gone through 3 sets of front links, and
> at about $30 a piece they're not cheap. I seem to break mine at the little
> ball and socket joint.

Ummm, it has the Hotchkis kit, isn't that an indicator :-)

> If you're getting clunking you may want to check your bar bushings, I had a
> bushing go bad on me and the bar was slamming around inside the brackets
> causing a pretty rediculous noise.

I'll look there. I never looked too closely at the front because I was
sure the cluck was in the rear, but you know how that goes.

The links are $75.80 CDN a piece. The dealer credited most of that back.

I did think that Hotchkis should have included:

1. New bolts for the rear springs
2. The sway bar links for the front
3. New shackles for the rear.

It would have made the whole installation go much smoother.

I mean where are you going to find new spring bolts at 5PM on a Sunday?

Rob S.