Re: Door alignment on a GEN III

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 15:18:48 EST

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Josh Battles wrote:

> The problem that the original poster will run into is that there's not really
> any provisions to pull the door inward towards the cab, just up/down. I'm
> sure you could elongate the holes in the hinge but aside from that I can't
> see any way of pulling the door inward.

   My thoughts exactly, I can see only ways to align the door to fit the
hole but if it is 'twisted out' then the door won't pinch in properly to
get a good seal.

   The whole problem could have been avoided if she listened to me and not
opened the door, and waited until the wind died down or grabbed ahold of
the door more firmly. She usually just opens the door and then uses her
leg to push the door open when she gets out, the wind caught it and that
was enough to cause the damage.

   But god forbid I was ever right about something... ;-)

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org