Re: Door alignment on a GEN III

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 15:25:25 EST

On 1/18/06, Miles D. Oliver <moliver@mmoliver.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Josh Battles wrote:
>

> > The problem that the original poster will run into is that there's not really
> > any provisions to pull the door inward towards the cab, just up/down. I'm
> > sure you could elongate the holes in the hinge but aside from that I can't
> > see any way of pulling the door inward.
> >

> My thoughts exactly, I can see only ways to align the door to fit the
> hole but if it is 'twisted out' then the door won't pinch in properly to
> get a good seal.
>
> The whole problem could have been avoided if she listened to me and not
> opened the door, and waited until the wind died down or grabbed ahold of
> the door more firmly. She usually just opens the door and then uses her
> leg to push the door open when she gets out, the wind caught it and that
> was enough to cause the damage.

My wife doesn't understand why I cringe every time she opens the doors
of any vehicle, just unlatching and pushing, letting it swing to the
stops and bounce. I can just picture her in a windstorm like you
found yourself in with her Hyundai and the door getting ripped off
completely.

Hard lesson to learn.